TA Sport Stars are subject to the requirements set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’). Our privacy statement explains how we use and look after personal client data. Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable living person. The definition of this may be found in the Data Protection Act 2018.
We have a robust policy and many procedures in place, including a Data Protection Policy and File Retention Schedule.
TA Sport Stars Date Protection Principles
The GDPR state that a number of principles must be applied by organisations when they collect and use personal data. These principles are as followed:
- Personal data must be processed in a manner which is lawful, fair and transparent. This means that when we collect and use personal information we must have a lawful basis for doing so, we must always consider the rights and interests of the person/client in which the data is about, and provide clear information about our use of the data.
- Personal data must be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not used in any way which are incompatible with those purposes. When we collect personal data we must be very clear about why we need it and what we intend to do with it. If we collect personal data for one purpose may not use it for an unconnected purpose.
- Personal data we collect must be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which it is used. We will only collect and use personal data that is strictly necessary for our stated purpose or purposes.
- Personal data must be accurate, and where necessary, kept up to date. We are required to take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data held is correct and kept up to date. This means that from time to time, we’ll review the personal data we hold and we may contact you to make sure the personal data we have about you in our system is current and does not contain any errors.
- Personal data must be kept in a format which allows identification for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is used. In some cases, it may only be necessary for us to be able to directly identify an individual for a short period of time. When we no longer need to be able to identify an individual we will anonymise the personal data. Where personal data is anonymised and the data subject in no longer identifiable that data will cease to be personal data.
- Personal data must be used in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the data. This means that our policies, procedures, systems and working practices must directly ensure that personal data is protected from unlawful access and that security measures are in place at all times.
TA Sport Stars Lawful basis
Before we collect and use personal data, TA Sport Stars must be able to demonstrate that there is a lawful basis for us to do so. GDPR provide a variety of lawful bases for processing personal data:
- Consent: when you have explicitly told us that we may collect and use your personal data – for example by asking us to add you to one of our mailing lists.
- Contract: when we need to collect and use personal data to enter into or perform a contract – for example if you receive funding from us.
- Legal obligation: when we need to collect and use personal data to carry out our legal duties – for example to respond to a request for information under the Freedom of Information Act.
- Vital interests: when we need to collect and use personal data to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another person – for example by contacting the relevant authorities if we believe an individual is likely to come to immediate harm (safeguarding).
- Public task: when we need to collect and use personal data to carry out one of our official tasks, or a task that’s in the public interest – for example when we carry out surveys about sports participation to create official statistics.
- Legitimate interests: when we need to collect and use personal data to pursue the legitimate interests of TA Sport Stars or a third party, unless doing so would interfere with your rights and freedoms.
Our lawful basis for collecting and using personal data varies depending on why we have collected it and what we intend to do with it. When TA Sport Stars collect personal data directly from you, we aim to set out our lawful basis as clearly as we can which will most likely always be for media advertising purposes in order to promote our services.
TA Sport Stars need to collect personal data
TA Sport Stars collect and use personal data for a variety of purposes including the following:
- Coach/Staff selection and recruitment procedures
- Research into physical activity
- Responding to correspondence from members of the public
- Managing requests to be added to a TA Sport Stars mailing list
- Complying with regulatory and financial requirements
- Promoting and encouraging participation in sport and physical activity
- Important information when in our childcare
- Information needed to comply with Ofsted requirements
When we collect personal data directly from you, we’ll provide specific and detailed information about why we need to do so.
About the personal data TA Sport Stars collect and use
TA Sport Stars collect a range of personal data including the following:
- Names and contact details (including postal and email addresses and telephone numbers)
- Information about ethnicity, sexual orientation, health/medical related data or other special category personal data where it’s necessary and relevant for a specific purpose
- Photographs, including for publicity or promotional purposes.
- Where you heard about TA Sport Stars
- Knowledge of which school your child attends for marketing purposes
- Whether your child will be collected by someone other than yourself or walking home
- Security password for sign in/out purposes
When we collect and use personal data directly from you, we aim to provide specific and detailed information about the categories of personal data involved.
TA Sport Stars Collection of personal data about your child
All personal date about your child is securely stored in our system. All data is obtained by consent of the parent or guardian/carer. Any issues involved or regarding this, we ask that you contact our Data Protection Officer straightaway so that we can address the matter.
Data Protection Officer:
Mr. Tom Austin – email@example.com
How TA Sport Stars share personal data
Relevant TA Sport Stars colleagues, schools and sport based partnerships will have access to personal media data for the purpose(s) of advertising our services.
In some cases, where there is a lawful basis for us to do so we may share personal data with third parties such as Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, external auditors, website designers or other trusted partners, including NGBs and funded organisations. Where possible we’ll tell you if your personal data will be shared, and the third parties the data be shared with, at the time we collect your personal media data.
If we’re required by law to disclose personal data we will do so, in keeping with our obligations.
We do not transfer personal data to anyone in regards to your information filled out when registering however may need to help investigations in terms of safeguarding children.
TA Sport Stars never sell personal data to third parties for any purpose, and we do not collect or compile personal data for dissemination to third parties for marketing purposes.
How TA Sport Stars look after your personal data
There are a number of ICT and Information Governance procedures in place which set out the technical and organisational measures we take when collecting and using your personal data. If you’d like to find out more about these policies and procedures please contact our Data Protection Officer (Mr Tom Austin).
Personal data is held securely within TA Sport Star’s IT environment, or in our trusted third-party hosting providers’ secure systems. Where personal data is held on third party hosting providers’ secure systems, it’s stored according to our instructions and in accordance with the contracts we have in place.
How long do TA Sport Stars keep personal data
All the personal data that we collect and hold is kept in accordance with our TA Sport Stars File Retention Schedule. This Schedule is guided by the legislative and regulatory frameworks we are subject to and helps us to ensure that we do not keep personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) it was collected for.
The GDPR gives individuals a number of rights in relation to any personal data in which organisations hold about them and it is TA Sport Stars policy to make it as easy as possible for people to exercise these rights.
Under GDPR all individuals are entitled to be told what personal data an organisation holds about them, and to receive copies of that information, free of charge, within one month if they wish to.
You can make a subject access request to TA Sport Stars by contacting the company Director and Manager:
Rectification and erasure
If you believe that TA Sport Stars are holding inaccurate information about you, you’re entitled to ask us to rectify that data. In addition, if you believe that TA Sport Stars no longer has a lawful basis to use your personal data, you can ask us to delete it in which we will take this action immediately.
You can ask to have your personal data rectified or erased by contacting the company Director and Manager:
If our lawful basis for collecting and using your personal data was consent, then you’re entitled to withdraw that consent at any time. You do not have to give a reason for withdrawing your consent and we are required to comply promptly. You can inform us that you wish to withdraw consent by contacting the information Director and company Manager:
If you’re in any way dissatisfied with the way we have handled your personal data, TA Sport Stars provides a complaints procedure by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org where we will send you the required information.
Changes to TA Sport Stars privacy statement
We keep our approach to privacy under close review, this means we may update our privacy statement from time to time. Updates to the privacy statement are published on our website.